1. Who is TIME & STYLE and how can I contact TIME & STYLE?
The party responsible for the processing of personal data is Prestige Japan Inc. Time & Style, having its registered office in (1016 TE) Amsterdam, the Netherlands, at Marnixstraat 148 A, registered with the Chamber of Commerce in the Netherlands under 69350604 (hereinafter referred to as “TIME & STYLE”).
All questions regarding the processing of personal data by TIME & STYLE can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org, by regular mail via, Marnixstraat 148, 1016 TE Amsterdam, the Netherlands and by telephone via +31 (0)20 210 3176.
2. What personal data does TIME & STYLE process, why and on which legal basis?
This paragraph specifies what personal data about you is processed by TIME & STYLE when you purchase products and services from us in store or when you contact our customer services team in store, online or over the phone, for which purpose(s) and on which legal grounds TIME & STYLE relies for the collection, processing, and use of your personal data, such as:
– the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
– the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
– the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party; or
– your consent.
To make our products and services available to you
TIME & STYLE uses your personal data to provide you with the information, products and services that you request or purchase from TIME & STYLE (i.e. to complete certain tasks, process orders, take payment and deliver your products or services), and to communicate with you regarding those products and services that you purchase from TIME & STYLE and respond to your questions and comments.
The personal data TIME & STYLE collects from you directly can include your name, occupation, address, mobile/landline telephone or fax number, email address, date of birth, your credit, or debit card or other payment information, and information you give TIME & STYLE when you contact the customer services team.
In addition, you may provide TIME & STYLE with information about your lifestyle (type of room, day of delivery, budget, room dimensions, family structure/pets, already purchased furniture) and house environment (colour/materials).
As a service, an employee of TIME & STYLE may visit on location to help and advise you with finding the most suitable products. In that context, TIME & STYLE may need to take pictures of the relevant room(s) in order to be able to advise you correctly.
TIME & STYLE relies on the contractual arrangements with you as the lawful basis on which TIME & STYLE collects and processes your personal data when you make an order for products and services. If you fail to provide TIME & STYLE with the personal data requested, TIME & STYLE may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter with you (to provide you with products and services). In this case, TIME & STYLE may have to cancel a product or service you ordered. TIME & STYLE will notify you if this is the case at the time.
To provide (international) customer service TIME & STYLE collects your personal data to respond to your questions, including helping you with any issues which may arise regarding our products and/or your order. The processing of these personal data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by TIME & STYLE, in order to serve you efficiently and to optimize TIME & STYLE´s customer service.
TIME & STYLE wishes to inform you of the developments of its products and services. Therefore, if there is a change or an update to products and services, TIME & STYLE will inform you thereof only if you have signed up for TIME & STYLE’s newsletters. If, at any moment, you do not wish to receive emails of TIME & STYLE anymore, you can unsubscribe by using the opt-out option that is provided in every email that TIME & STYLE sends you.
To subscribe you have to provide TIME &STYLE with your email address. The processing of your email address in this context is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued TIME & STYLE, including direct marketing.
Invitations per regular mail
Occasionally, TIME & STYLE organizes events, showcases and meetings to which TIME & STYLE would like to invite you. TIME & STYLE may therefore use the address you provided to send you an invitation to such events. The processing of your address in this context is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued TIME & STYLE, including direct marketing.
3. Does TIME & STYLE share your personal data?
TIME & STYLE and factory Japan
In order to deliver the products and services you ordered, TIME & STYLE shares your personal data with the headquarters (Prestige Japan Inc., 4-27-15 Minamiaoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 107-0062 Japan) and factory in Japan. TIME & STYLE will do this in order to fulfil its contractual obligations to you.
To provide the services, TIME & STYLE shares your personal data with service providers (such as web hosting providers, payment processors, shipping services providers, e-mail providers, and administration). It is in TIME & STYLE’s legitimate interests as a business to work with these service providers since TIME & STYLE may not have the capabilities to provide these services. The processing by service providers is governed by a so-called data processing agreement in which TIME & STYLE has ensured that the service provider shall only process the personal data on instructions of TIME & STYLE.
TIME & STYLE will only provide your personal data to third parties if it is obliged to do so on account of national or international laws, case law and/or regulations, if TIME & STYLE considers it necessary to do so in defence of its own rights, or if you have given permission to do so.
4. Does TIME & STYLE transfer your personal data outside the EEA?
TIME & STYLE needs to transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), in the following circumstances:
– to the TIME & STYLE headquarters in Japan when you have ordered products and services;
– to the USA, where we work with a service provider which processes some of its personal data outside of the EEA.
These countries may not have the same data protection laws as the UK and the EEA and so your personal data may not be subject to the same protections. However, in such cases, TIME & STYLE will make sure that any transfer of your personal data to countries outside the EEA is subject to appropriate safeguards as if it were being processed inside the EEA.
To comply with EU data protection laws around international data transfer, TIME & STYLE only allows service providers outside the EEA to process your personal data if they are self-certified under the E.U.-U.S. Privacy Shield framework (Article 46.2(a) GDPR). The transfer of your personal data to TIME & STYLE Japan is in accordance with a contract entered into between the TIME & STYLE and TIME & STYLE Japan, incorporating the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses, which ensure that adequate data protection arrangements are in place (Article 46.1(c) GDPR).
5. What are your rights?
Under the GDPR, you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data and the processing thereof:
– you have the right to obtain from TIME & STYLE confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to your personal data and additional information about the processing of your personal data;
– you have the right to request from TIME & STYLE the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you;
– in certain cases, you have to right to ask TIME & STYLE to erase your personal data (right to be forgotten);
– in certain cases, you have the right to obtain from TIME & STYLE restriction of processing of your personal data, for example when you have contested the accuracy of your personal data;
– upon your request, you have the right to receive your personal data which you have provided to TIME & STYLE in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller, where the processing is based on your consent or on a contract;
– you have the right to object to the processing of personal data which is based on the legitimate interests of TIME & STYLE. TIME & STYLE shall no longer process the personal data unless TIME & STYLE demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
– where personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, you always have the right to object to the processing of personal data for such marketing. In that case, TIME & STYLE shall no longer process your personal data for such purposes;
– where the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
You may send your request to TIME & STYLE at email@example.com. TIME & STYLE shall respond to your request without undue delay and in any event within 30 days of receipt of the request. That period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests. TIME & STYLE shall inform you of any such extension within 30 days of receipt of the request, together with the reasons for the delay.
If TIME & STYLE does not take action on your request, TIME & STYLE shall inform you without delay and at the latest within 30 days of receipt of the request of the reasons for not taking action. In that case, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority and to seek a judicial remedy.
6. How long does TIME & STYLE retain your personal data?
TIME & STYLE shall retain personally identifiable information only as long as reasonably necessary to provide the website and other services to you and others or as otherwise required for legal compliance purposes. TIME & STYLE’s retention policy is as follow: 10 years in order to execute our maintenance service, unless the customer asks otherwise.
7. How does TIME & STYLE protect your personal data?
TIME & STYLE takes appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your (personal) information against loss or any form of unlawful use.
8. Questions or complaints?
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you suspect a breach of data protection legislation and the matter is not solved amicably between you and TIME & STYLE in negotiations, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the Netherlands, Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.